So far GNS3 seems to have been working well for the first three volumes, but I feel like I should ask whether, for volume 4, a move to IOU (IOU-Web to be exact) would be preferred.
There are a couple of reasons that would make switching to IOU a good idea.
- IOU is very popular with many studying for the CCIE
- There would be a common platform – it would make life easier when moving between different OSes.
- It would also allow for a nicer experience with clickable pictures.
- I could use “proper” switches (though if you are running GNS3 with IOU integration, you can use IOU switch images as well). The new volume will use a couple of switches (as will version 5).
- The IOS images used would be more recent (but again, see the point above about GNS3/IOU integration
- IOU is closer to the actual exam environment than GNS3 is.
I have added a poll on the right-hand side, where you can vote for your preference.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.