Whats new in GNS3 1.0 Alpha 4?
Now we have the following changes:
- Show Windows interface names in cloud tooltips.
- Disconnect the server if the version differs from the GUI version.
- Move cloud code to a builtin module and support for clouds on remote servers.
- Options to use the default IOU RAM & NVRAM values.
- Changed the name of default base startup and private configs.
- Added “All files” filter when looking for an IOU or IOS image in the file browser.
- Graceful server shutdown on Windows.
- Error message that JIT sharing is only supported in Dynamips unstable.
- New UDP and console port allocation system for IOU. Fixes duplicated port issues.
- Delete some Dynamips files that are useless to save in projects.
- Fix: the path to GNS3 server was not saved.
- Fix: RAM and NVRAM IOU image settings not propagated when creating an IOU device.
- Fix: bug where IOS nvram/disk files were not kept after closing a topology.
- Fix: bug that prevented changing any IOU device setting when connected to another node.
- Fix: duplicated node id issue.
- Fix: major bug with ghost instance overwriting any second router files (R2).
- Fix: error when ldd cannot be found.
- Fix: issues with local base configs for IOS.
Some pretty cool stuff here, especially the third item – “support for clouds on remote servers”, this isn’t to say that we can have multiple IOU servers sitting out there, it’s close, very close, but not there just yet:
Still no sign of the ability to add text to topologies though. I do miss that.